Bananas are fibre rich fruits with a number of health benefits.They are the fourth most popular food after rice, wheat and corn.
With its high nutrient content, low price and easy availability it is the most ideal fruit to include in your daily diet.
If you eat almost nothing and just bananas, you lose weight, but if you eat eight to ten bananas a day, apart from consuming regular meals, you can gain weight.
This is exactly what nutritionist Yulia Tarbath ate for 12 days to detoxify her body and lose weight naturally.
What did she do?
Yulia, a nutritionist and a motivational coach tried the mono-fruit diet (One fruit diet for stipulated days) to test the health benefits of bananas. She calls it banana island diet.
What does the banana island entail?
- You eat all the bananas you desire and bananas are all you eat (you can also do it with other fruit). It is a mono island, however, occasionally; people also add 1 type of greens, such as lettuce in the last meal of the day.
- You eat ONLY ripe bananas, you eat your usual calories – no under-eating or calorie-restricting is involved.
- You drink plenty of water, up to 3 litres a day.
- You exercise as normal.
- You rest enough as your body will be going through deeper detox and restoration.
- Research shows that bananas can actually be a perfect fit in your weight loss diet plan. A six inch banana has about 90 calories, which makes it much lesser than the calories in any candy bar. Moreover, the fibre content in this fruit is soluble, which causes it to absorb water and slows down digestion.
Here is what happened during her banana only diet:
- Did not have any detox symptoms whatsoever, felt amazing throughout the whole “journey”.
(CONTINUE READING NEXT PAGE)